The honey tours have ended for the year but they'll start up again in May 2019. Book your tour now as spring dates will fill up quickly.
Come and experience our natural sanctuary and the bees who call it home (or hive).
In a world overwhelmed by distractions, let our honeybees share their ancient routines with you. Lose yourself in the inner workings of a hive as thousands of bees commit to their daily regiments of caring for each other and the flora around them. Come to understand that a nurse bee taking care of larvae, or a foraging bee flying from a nectar source then returning to her colony are not arbitrary movements, but carefully choreographed, precisely defined duties. Honey bees are social insects. They are fiercely connected to their sisters and their queen. The only thing that separates them is their division of function and labor.
The Killer Bees Honey apiary tour & honey tasting will introduce you to the elemental intensity of a hive, its queen, and her subjects. Included is an upfront and personal bee meet & greet, an opportunity to pour your own bottle of honey and culminating with a taste of the delicious fruits of their labor. Watch the bees as they tend their hives and forage for nectar. Learn what they are doing and why they do it! Each tour is limited to 12 people, allowing for a greater personal experience.
- A brief discussion on the life of a honeybee, their caste system, division of labor and hive equipment.
- Journey into the exuberant world of a bee colony with the beekeeper as he inspects a hive. Protective suits, veils, and gloves will be provided.
- Visit the honey processing center and pour your own 4 oz decorative bottle of Killer Bees Honey.
- Enjoy a honey tasting of nectar fresh from our hives along with a discussion and a honey sampling. Learn how different kinds of honey looks, smells, and tastes.
- Honey pairing with cheese, meats, fruit, and crackers.
- Select alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Discount for all active or retired military/LE/firefighter/EMS personnel.
- Honey Tasting and Apiary Tour of Killer Bees Honey (Trip Advisor)
- ...."this was as much a taste and sensory adventure as it was a tour of the heights of the Pisgah Forest with one of a kind views and a get in touch with nature excursion."
- Make Sure you visit Killer Bees Honey when you are in the Lake Toxaway area (Google Reviews)
- Make sure you visit Killer Bees when you are in the Lake Toxaway area as it will exceed your expectations in every way!
- What a Wonderful Experience! (Facebook)
- "What a WONDERFUL experience! Sean, Denise, and Jen were awesome, passionate about what they do and very hospitable. A unique, one of a kind, experience I would recommend to everyone. We’ll be back to share with others! Thank you!"
Marketing support provided by Transylvania County Tourism